Before Surgery- no chest scars

Before Surgery- no chest scars

Friday, January 27, 2012

January

Luke has been doing great this January. We stay indoors and avoid people to try and keep him healthy. So far it's worked! Sometimes I get cabin fever but mostly I enjoy the slower pace of life. Holding Luke, playing with and reading to Taylor, spending time as a family...it's all great.

We're looking at April for the second surgery- the Glenn. We go in next week for our second Syngergis shot (RSV vaccine). It only costs $1250 a shot and Luke gets it monthly. I am so grateful for insurance. We could never repay all of Luke's costs without it.

My friend Andrea Shosted donated her time and talents to photo Luke. Here are 2 of my favorites. One, you can see the depth in his eyes. I wonder what he's thinking, how much he probably knows. The second shows all Luke's scars but also portrays a relaxed and content baby. That's my Luke!

5 comments:

  1. Yay for updates! He looks so good, Mabry! He looks a lot like you. Sounds like you're doing great. I know what you mean about the cabin fever. I get excited nowadays when I get to go to the store!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for a good month! The Synagist shots carry quiet the shock factor. It is weight based so plan on double for next year! Severins last one was $4656. I too am so very thankful for Insurance. He is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is beautiful! His scars look great already. I can totally relate on having to stay indoors but getting cabin fever. Hang in there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute baby! He so very sweet. What a fighter and tough guy he is to have to endure what he has to go through. But with you as a mom, how could anything go wrong? I am so glad that he is doing well. Those pictures of him are really cute.
    If you need anything let me know. Enjoy every moment! I have heard about those RSV shots. WOW, I didnt' know they were that pricey. Insurance is an aamzing thing to have. Can't afford to pay it but can't afford to live without it. So glad that you are all healthy and happy right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear little man. I'm so glad you've been able to keep him healthy.

    ReplyDelete