Before Surgery- no chest scars

Before Surgery- no chest scars

Sunday, December 30, 2012

December 2012

December has been a great month for Luke. He had a sleep study December 20th at St. Luke's hospital. He and I had to stay the night while he was monitored with ECG leads, oxygen saturation checks, nasal and oral air flow monitors, arm and chest leads, and video. His head, arms, legs, chest, face, nose, and mouth had leads on them and he looked funny and felt awful. Needless to say, sleep did not happen often. I am awaiting the results to come in January. The only thing I do know is that he was desaturating to 75-73% every time he slept. I'm guessing he is going to have a tonsilectomy at some point. It will be nice to not be awakened every 2 hours every night of my life. Here are some pictures of Christmas.
Mark, Sophie and Luke.
Luke slept through the morning Christmas. I figured he and I would be happier if he could sleep in rather than join the other kids for present opening.
 Two Photos of the Sleep Study.
Despite my best efforts, he was still cranky when he finally woke up.
Here he is, ripping some paper off. Taylor actually opened most of his presents. It was fun to have him home with us. It was actually a "normal" Christmas and we all enjoyed each other. I hope 2013 continues to be a great year.

1 comment:

  1. good normal times, I hope you can get some consistant sleep soon. I know I felt like I was cracking up, I would say 5 hours just 5 in a row hours and I can function.

    ReplyDelete