Before Surgery- no chest scars

Before Surgery- no chest scars

Friday, April 13, 2012

April 13-Finally Home!


Yesterday at 11:30 the nurse practitioner came in and said that Luke was discharged. I packed, got meds from pharmacy, and had my discharge teaching. It was all quite busy and took a lot longer than I thought it should. I finally left at 3:00. I started driving home but only got to the Idaho boarder when I met Mark. He and his parents left at 4:00 but were able to drive straight through. I had stopped three times to comfort Luke. We got home at 10:00 p.m.

It is great to be home! Luke will be on oxygen, four different medications, and will have a return visit to SLC in two weeks. I can't bathe him and I can't remove his steri strips for another four days. For 4 1/2 weeks I need to scoop him when lifting. But he is on the mend, we are together as a family, and we are out of the hospital!

Thank you to everyone who has helped at the home front. Thank you for your prayers, kind words, and support. We love you all.

5 comments:

  1. You made it Mabes! I hope Luke's recovery continues to go so well. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad you are snuggling in at home! Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray Mabry! That has been our prayer: that he would just get home and be with you guys! He is probably so glad to be home, and you too I bet! Hopefully I'll see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy for you and Luke to be home with your family. That's what it's all about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So thrilled you are all home. I have been away from the blogging world for a while and there was so much to catch up on. What a brave little guy he is, to have to go through all of that. You are a hero too Mabry! You are in our thoughts!

    ReplyDelete