Before Surgery- no chest scars

Before Surgery- no chest scars

Friday, April 20, 2012

April 20- Home For a Week

I have been home for a week now and it feels great! Things have been so busy that I have not updated Luke's progress lately. Some of you have been asking, so I'll try to put it all down.

First, Luke is on oxygen and I hate having to deal with the cords. He is tied to a 20 foot cord, tape covers his poor cheeks, and he always wants to suck on the nasal canula. It is cute but he keeps pulling it out of his nose and that's a big no no. He needs that oxygen. He is on medications around the clock and I especially hate the 4:30 a.m. feeding. At least Luke no longer fights the medications.

Sleep is my main issue lately. Luke will be happy, smiling, and laughing all day long. Then at nights he screams as if he is in terrible pain. I use the pacifier, bounce, pat, sing, and love him. But nothing seems to help except nursing. Last night I think he nursed for 3 hours straight and then every hour after that all night long. This has been going on for 3 nights and I am so tired and sore. I do not know what else to do because he cannot cry things out. I love him but sometimes I think this lack of sleep, being stuck at home, and lack of activity will put me in the loony bin.

I downloaded the pictures from my camera and wanted to share some interesting shots. I hope you enjoy our cute boy!



The IV medications Luke had right after surgery.

Luke right after the first cardiac catheterization. He is gagging from having his breathing tube pulled out. This was the time that sent him into emergency surgery.

Mark kissing Luke good-bye as he was being wheeled away to the operating table.

The monitor.

Luke at home, in his walker. He has no core strength and does not press down with his feet. So I am hoping this will help him start using those muscles. He seems happy, we will see if it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment