Before Surgery- no chest scars

Before Surgery- no chest scars

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Contemplation


I hope nobody minds but I would like to share some of my personal feelings about everything that has happened with Luke. First, it is heart wrenching to watch my sweet baby have health issues. I have wished I could give him my heart too many times to count. I have wondered why he should have to be born with such a difficult condition. I have cried and felt sorry for myself and for him.

Yet, I have had people tell me that they prayed for Luke as a family and that they had not prayed together before. Family, friends, acquaintances, and even strangers have told me that they have prayed and even fasted for Luke. I have received letters, meals, calls, emails, visits, money, gifts, and time freely given. I have been told by some that they have grown closer to God by watching Luke's struggles.

Through all of this I have grown closer to my Heavenly Father. I have seen the goodness of others and wanted to be a better person. I have come to realize that though Luke may struggle and though his life may prove short, he has worked miracles by bringing people closer to God. I believe that is why Heavely Father allows us to have trials. If in the end if we can know Him better, all our pains will be but a distant memory.

When things are hard I whisper to Luke, "this too shall pass" and hold true to a bright tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! The key is always finding gratitude in the journey. Our RS lesson this past Sunday was on trials. "Waiting upon the Lord:Thy Will Be Done." By Elder Hales in the Nov 2011 Ensign. We all have our "trials" and "burdens". I believe Sevies heart is not about me- its about what he/we can teach others. Hang in there my fellow Heart Mama! You are not alone in heaven or on earth

    ReplyDelete